The main objective of the Chaitanya is to provide a comprehensive rehabilitation of disabled children including medical, social, vocational, occupational rehabilitation. It is dedicated to the welfare of disabled specially polio and [cerebral palsy] children. It Provides free of cost treatment to disabled children of poor and rural section. Society has launched POLIO DEFORMITY ERADICATION PROGRAME, aimed at making Maharashtra polio and polio deformity free. We have up till now conducted 8 surgery camps. The last camp was organized at Tarachand hospital on 16th December 2001, where 81 patients were operated by Vishakhapattanam technique.
Our President of society, Dr.Anant Bagul started these operations, taking inspiration & training from Dr.Adinarayan Rao. Dr.Bagul has operated on about 2000 polio & non-polio patients with deformities with remarkable success.
Though operations done by society are free, medicines, plaster, calipers & other recurring expenses still needs donations by individual or group or clubs. The Society needs donations, as there are still large no of poor patients waiting for basic monitory help. We are also planning to hold camps in rural area, where help is most needed.
We are providing comprehensive medical treatment which includes many modalities of treatments, aimed towards maximum improvements and steady rehabilitation of our patients.
Modern medical science has now techniques of treatment with revolutionary advancement. For example, Vishakhapattanam Surgery Technique has made it possible to treat Orthopeadically disabled children. Most of the disabled children are poor and from rural places and cannot afford cost of treatment. Chaitanya has realised the need to establish a specialised centre dedicated for rehabilitation of disabled children along with multi - speciality hospital.
1. To establish a centre for Medical Treatment and rehabilitation providing calipers, Jaipur Foot and occupational rehabilitation of polio and disabled children especially from the weaker sections of the society.
2. To set up Multi – disciplinary hospital institute and research centre of international standards for upliftment of poor, rural , disabled and needy patients.
3. To conduct various medical projects aimed towards Rehabilitation of the poor disabled and needy patients.
4. To conduct research work in medical field pharmacology and Continued Medical Education ( C.M.E.) for doctors paramedical staff / workers, primary health workers etc.
5. To undertake family planning projects.
6. To conduct research work for inventing new medical instruments, new drugs for the benefit of poor and needy patients.